I’ve had trouble with double rabbit ears for a long time, until I realized their secret. The secret to a double rabbit ear fold is:
Double Rabbit Ear = Petal Fold
Yes, a petal fold, as in the crane. Here are some pictures to demonstrate:
- We start with a square folded in half along the diagonal twice to get simulate a flap. We begin the double rabbit ear fold by performing an inside-reverse fold.
- The result of the inside reverse fold. The trick is to now look at the model at a 90 degree angle, as shown in the picture.
- And this is the secret - perform a petal fold!
- The petal fold complete. Now we just fold in half to close the model.
- The finished Double Rabbit Ear fold!